Varsity Vending is proud to be in partnership with The Wyle Cares Committee (Wyle Cares) of Wyle’s Patuxent River offices which is comprised of employee volunteers from Wyle’s Aerospace Group. The committee’s mission is to provide assistance to the local communities of St. Mary’s, Calvert and Charles counties through fund-raising events, financial contributions and employee volunteerism.
Over the years, Wyle Cares has helped the following organizations by giving monetary donations and/or volunteering:
- Southern Maryland Food Bank
- End Hunger Calvert County
- Special Olympics of St. Mary’s County
- Center for Children
- United Way
- Patuxent Habitat for Humanity
- Hospice of St. Mary’s, Calvert, and Charles Counties
- Lions Club (Lexington Park and Leonardtown)
- The Center for Life Enrichment
- Ridge Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Mike’s Food Fund
- St. Mary’s Caring
- Health Share of St. Mary’s
- Southern Maryland Community Network
…and many others!
Wyle Cares was able to help out two charities (new to Wyle Cares) because of funds raised in their Varsity MicroMarket. One is Operation Tohidu (OperationTohidu.org) which is “a transformative program for war fighters living with PTS(d) and other deployment related trauma.” The other organization is Foundation 4 Heroes (www.F4Heroes.com), “founded by parents who realize how fortunate we are to have healthy families” and inspire: Children (and their families) who are facing medical issues; and more recently, Wounded warriors and their families.
Our partnership afforded us the opportunity to support these worthy organizations.